We are proud to report that New York Business Journal asked for nominations from New Yorkers- looking for New Yorks’ most influential women. Carissa was nominated and chosen for this great honor.
You can read a bit about it and see the list of other amazing women that Carissa is proud to be a part of.
The New York Business Journal has picked 78 honorees for its inaugural Women of Influence Awards.
The program honors women business leaders in the New York City area who innovate, succeed and “pay it forward,” who stand out both for their achievements in the marketplace as well as their commitment to community and mentoring.
The New York Business Journal’s Women of Influence is part of a national effort byAmerican City Business Journals — the premier company in the country devoted to the reporting of local business news — to identify and celebrate women business leaders and to foster business environments that will create even more successful women in the future.
Winners will be honored at a luncheon on Jan. 22.
In the days ahead, readers will learn more about our inaugural class of Women of Influence. Keep a close eye on this site.
Below are the winners:
- Milena Adamian, founder and executive director, Life Sciences Angel Network, Azimuth Ventures
- Michele Anderson, COO, Activate
- Azita Ardakani, CEO, Lovesocial
- Cynthia Augustine, CTO, FCB
- Cathy Baron-Tamraz, CEO, Business Wire
- Kate Barton, Americas Vice Chair, Tax Services, EY (formerly Ernst & Young)
- Ayah Bdeir, CEO, littleBits Electronics, Inc.
- Emily Becher, general manager, New York Samsung Accelerator (of Samsung Open Innovation Center)
- Emily Best, CEO, Seed&Spark
- Rachel Blumenthal, CEO, Cricket’s Circle
- Lori Bradley, vice president, Philips Van Heusen
- Marissa Brett, president, Westchester County Association
- Tracey Brophy Warson, CEO, Citi Private Bank
- Monique Carswell, director, Teach For America
- Lori Cheek, owner/partner, Cheekd
- Rachael Chong, CEO, Catchafire
- Maurya Couvares, CEO, ScriptEd
- Val DiFebo, CEO, Deutsch NY
- Dana Donofree, owner, AnaOno
- Noha El-Ghobashy, managing director, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Robin Eletto, EVP and chief people officer, Millennial Media
- Dawn Fay, president, Robert Half
- Jennifer Field, director, GLG
- Kathryn Finney, CEO, digitalundivided
- Marsha Firestone, president, Women Presidents’ Organization
- Jennifer Fleiss, head of business development, Rent the Runway
- Lisa M. Friel, vice president, T&M Protection Resources, LLC
- Laura Grau, manager, Winthrop University Hospital
- Sabrina Horn, CEO, Horn Group Inc.
- Vanessa Hurst, CEO, Code Montage
- Jennifer Hyman, CEO, Rent the Runway
- Darline Jean, COO, PulsePoint
- Payal Kadakia, CEO, ClassPass.com
- Heidi Kahn, president, Kahn Architecture & Design
- Erika Karp, CEO, Cornerstone Capital Inc.
- Ara Katz, CMO, Spring
- Erika Kauffman, partner, 5W Public Relations
- Naledi Khabo, director, ICED Media
- Barbara Khouri, managing partner, Merryck & Co
- Deborah Koenigsberger, owner, Hearts of Gold
- Heidi Krupp-Lisiten, CEO, Krupp Kommunications
- Louise Langheier, CEO, Peer Health Exchange
- Jessica Lawrence, CEO, NY Tech Meetup
- Kathy Leake, CEO, Qualia
- Heidi Lehmann, founder, SWSI Media
- Jenne Lombardo, co-founder, MADE and The Terminal Presents
- Rebecca Mahony, CMO, Teads
- Charlotte Matthews, vice president, Related Companies
- Sadie McKeown, COO, The Community Preservation Corporation, Inc.
- Reba Miller, president, RP Miller Realty Group
- Kathryn Minshew, CEO, The Muse
- Julie Nolan, chief people officer, Simulmedia
- Erin OConnor, president, Cammack Health
- Andrea Pagnanelli, commercial director, Relevent Sports
- JJ Ramberg, founder Goodshop
- Carissa Reiniger, owner, Silver Lining Limited
- Sarah Robb O’Hagan, president, Equinox
- Barbara Roberts, president, Roberts & Co.
- Julie Rose, president, Sweet Hospitality Group
- Valerie Salembier, executive mentor, Merryck & Co
- Marisa Santoro, founder, In Our Shoes
- Christina Sass, COO, Andela Institute
- Aleksandra Scepanovic, director, Ideal Properties Group LLC
- Terri Seligman, partner, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein + Selz PC
- Marissa Shorenstein, president, AT&T – New York
- Lindsay Starr, senior manager, Morgan Stanley
- Barbara Apple Sullivan, CEO, Sullivan
- Hope Taitz, managing partner, ELY Advisors
- Patrice Tanaka, owner, PadillaCRT
- Gillian Tee, co-founder and chief people officer, Rocketrip
- April Uchitel, chief brand officer, Spring
- Tanya Van Court, COO, Digital Cupcake
- Olga Vidisheva, CEO, Shoptiques
- Debra Walton, CIO, Thomson Reuters
- Billie Watkins, district president, Robert Half Legal
- Danielle Weinblatt, CEO, Take The Interview
- Jane Wesman, president, Jane Wesman Public Relations, Inc.
- Jacquelyn White, CEO, Daily Secret
Nominations for this first-time program were sought publicly in the fall and submitted by a variety of sources, including association partners, entrepreneurs, business owners and executives . The winners were picked by a group of American City Business Journal editors, led by Mary Johnson, editor of Bizwomen, our sister site.